International Minimum Industry Safety Training (IMIST) Standard
This introductory safety training programme is designed to introduce the fundamental safety elements of the oil & gas industry to new starts, giving an appreciation of the potential hazards and controls that might be encountered by personnel
No pre-requisites are required.
All delegates must bring Photographic I.D. and PASSPORT only (original or copy)
HEALTH: All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
The aim of the IMIST programme is to introduce delegates to the key safety elements required by all employees working in the oil and gas industry. It also ensures the knowledge and understanding of these basic safety elements are maintained and current amongst the existing workforce.
Delegates will receive theoretical and practical knowledge in the following areas:
- Introduction to Hazardous Environments
- Working Safely including Safety Observation Systems
- Understanding Risk Assessment Process
- Tasks that require Permit to Work
- Personal Responsibility in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Using Manual Handling Techniques everyday
- Controlling the use of Hazardous Substances
- Knowledge and Practices of Working at Height
- Being aware of Mechanical Lifting Activities
At the end of the following modules the delegate should be able to demonstrate:
- How to complete a Safety Observation Card in an appropriate style
- How to prepare a Risk Assessment using a risk matrix
- Completion of the key elements of PTW documentation
- The elements of a good individual lift, a team lift with appropriate communications and
correct loading/unloading methods for using a trolley
OPITO approved certification for IMIST will be issued on successful completion of the training programme. The validity of OPITO approved certificate is four years.